- Dubuqe, Iowa has the shortest and steepest railroad in the world.
- Kansas is less “flat” than Florida.
- The greatest public green space in America? Falls Park in Greenville, SC.
- Naples, Florida is just like Beverly Hills, CA – except that people are friendly.
- Having to share a bed with your Dad is acceptable so long as nobody moves the big pillow in the middle.
- A guy in Topeka has the largest collection of Evil Knievel stuff in the world.
- Made two different stops in “Uranus, MO”
- I fell in love with Wichita, Kansas. What a cool city.
- Fort Collins, Colorado inspired the look of Main Street USA at Disneyland
- Detroit isn’t scary.
- Mount Rushmore isn’t as big as I thought it would be.
- Columbus, Ohio is the best place in America to find something for breakfast.
- The biggest mailbox in the world is in Casey, Illinois.
- When I retire, I want to open a place like Fizz Soda Shop in Johnson City, TN.
- Apparently everyone secretly (or not so secretly) hates my white sunglasses.
- I hosted the Mid America Emmy Awards in Branson. In a giant, glass box.
- I met Olympic star Gabby Douglas by chance on a stop in Indianapolis.
- Even though I hate everything about the circus – The Ringling in Sarasota, FL is awesome.
- Rode two mountain coasters.
- The best pizza place of the year? Nona’s Pizzeria in Watertown, TN
- The most beautiful drive in America is the Beartooth Scenic Byway.
- Wisconsin Dells is cool for families but not for single guys that despise public pools.
- I found myself in parked in Oprah’s driveway in Venice, FL
- Best ice cream? Whitey’s in the Quad Cities.
- Teared up reading quotes on a plaque from Joplin, MO tornado survivors.
- My visit to Buffalo, WY inspired me to start watching Longmire.
- Nearly gagged eating mutton in Owensboro KY.
- I got to hang out with the former President of RCA Records in his “man cave”. So cool.
- Little Richard learned how to put on make up at a drug store in Macon, Georgia in the 50’s. Nobody cared.
- Yelled “stop running from me” to a Hooters waitress in Jacksonville, FL while trying to return her pen.
- Saw “KITT” from the show Knight Ryder in Gatlingburg, TN
- Finally visited America’s least visited state: North Dakota
- Met the love of my life in South Dakota. Who could have seen that one coming?
- I fed giraffes, elephants and rhinos.
- I stayed at an AirBNB in Georgia but couldn’t sleep. Excessive toad noises outside!
- Found a museum dedicated entirely to vacuum cleaners. It didn’t suck. (See what I did there?)
- Learned that Jonesborough, TN is the storytelling capital of the world.
- I “met” Big Bird in Atlanta.
- I spent a day with a founder of Cracker Barrel. He has a card in his wallet for free meals – anytime.
- Remembered once again that I’m one of the luckiest guys on the planet. I love my country and love highlighting all of the people and places that make it great.
Hey, barbecued mutton is like beer — an acquired taste. 🙂
I don’t like beer either so…. that makes sense. 🙂
That’s so sweet. Happy new year!
Comments are closed.